Dancing Arts Club
"Committed to making Dance a Fun Learning Experience"It's Time to Dance !!!
Welcome to Sun City West residents and their guests.
Welcome to the Dancing Arts Club
Our club provides classes by qualified instructors in dance and dance related exercise, including but not limited to Ballet, Jazz, Hula, Pilates, Zumba, and other forms of dance and dance training and exercise.
We accept any level of dance experience. Dance classes are on hiatus for the summer, but if you’re into Zumba or Pilates, those classes run year round and you can join at any time.
For more information please check our Events Calendar and Class Schedule or contact one of our Club Officers.
- Tai Chi class with Charlie Gill will start September 3 (every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:45 – 4:45 PM) in the dance studio of Palm Ridge Rec Ctr. Charlie is well known in the community having gave classes thru PORA.
- A Beginner’s Hula class will start October 10 from 1:00 – 2:00 PM in the dance studio of Palm Ridge Rec Ctr. Will continue every Thursday (except Thanksgiving) for 9 weeks.
- The merger between the Dancing Arts club and the Rhythm Tappers club was successful. Look for further information as it becomes available.
- Dance classes take a break over the summer, but if you have a desire to dance jazz, ballet, musical theatre, or advanced modern hula, new classes start September 3, 2019 with brand new choreography. Performance is not a requirement.
- If you’re into Zumba or Pilates, those classes run year round and you can join at any time. For more information check our class schedules.
- Be sure to look for our show titled “CELEBRATE” in February of 2020. Show dates are February 6th (2:00), 7th & 8th (7:00) and 9th (2:00).
Posing for their dance routine to “Rock Around the Clock” are members of the Jazz class who performed this number in our February 2019 show “Flash Backs and Fast Forwards”. If you missed it, you missed a really good one. We’ve had multiple comments about how well received and enjoyed this show was. Put our 2020 show on your schedule for February 6 (2:00), 7, 8 (7:00) and 9 (2:00) when we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary with our show titled “CELEBRATE!”. Along with jazz, you’ll also see ballet, theatrical dancing and hula.
FITNESS CLASSES ARE NOW IN SESSION
All of our regular classes meet on various days and times. Only the fitness classes (Zumba, Pilates and Tai Chi) meet during the summer. Please check out our Class Schedule for details of classes going on this season.